Crown Land

In most cases, you need approval from the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry to use or occupy Crown land which is no longer actively marketed, rented or sold for private recreational or residential use.

BFO has been working with the Ontario government to make Crown land (excluding provincial parks and conservation reserves) available at an affordable rate to support cow herd expansion in the province and local economic development in northern communities.

For more information on how to buy and lease Crown land, click here.


Using OMAFRA's Agricultural Information Atlas website, you can create maps, find data and generate records with larger map views, faster responses, updated air photos and new user-friendly tools for simple and easy navigation.